PSIMES GOLD Award
The Penn State Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering Society (PSIMES) and the Harold and Inge Marcus Department of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering (IME) have developed the Graduate of the Last Decade (GOLD) Award to annually recognize and honor one outstanding IME alumnus.
The key objectives of this award are to:
- build/strengthen connections between the department and early career alumni
- provide ongoing professional assistance to the Department where appropriate
- identify "role models" for current industrial engineering undergraduates that demonstrate successful career development and achievement of accomplishments relatively soon after graduation
- compliment the Outstanding Engineering Alumni Award, which tends to recognize individuals later in their careers
The candidate will have:
- received a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree in industrial engineering from Penn State, University Park campus within ten years of the nomination date
- demonstrated outstanding technical and leadership excellence resulting in significant accomplishments
- shown great potential for continued success in their career
- Responsibilities and achievements
- Position advancements
- Awards and recognition
- Significant business and leadership contributions
- Community contributions
- Extracurricular leadership activities
- Positive influence on others within their community, their profession, and/or Penn State
- Role model for success
- Potential for continued success: contributions, advancement, leadership, and role model
The nomination may come from anyone with direct knowledge of the nominee’s career accomplishments and activities. The nominator need not be a Penn State alumnus.
The following documents need to be received by the nomination deadline: a resume or CV of nominee (two-page limit) and a completed nomination form.
A call for nominations goes out to PSIMES members in early in the spring semester annually.
The GOLD Award is announced annually at the IME Awards Banquet in the spring, which is hosted by the Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers student chapter.